I began this blog on labor day weekend after some encouragement from several friends who just wanted my recipes in one place I think! I didn't realize what a true portion of goodness in my life it would become. I have heard such encouraging words from so many of you and I feel truly blessed to enter into your world each time you click on a link and read my latest post.
Some interesting things have happened along the way. Some funny things too. Here is a list of a few.
- I have become the grocery store police. I have run into some of you at the store and you don't want me to see what is in your cart. It makes me laugh!
- My children now wait when we sit down to eat not because we have to pray but because I have to take a picture of the food.
- I have been reduced to my recipes. My husband said the other day that at least if something happened to me he would know where to find my recipes!
- I now wish that my brain understood science much better. I never thought I would wish to like science but it would sure be nice to have some credibility when I am talking to someone about nutrition.
- My favorite stores have become Whole Foods and Trader Joe's instead of Pottery Barn and Gymboree.
- I am pretty sure I have made my kids hate the word green, as in, "Is there something green on your plate? or How much green food have you eaten today?"
- People often text me from the grocery store to ask where they can find a certain product. Have you all seen me reading labels and spending hours there or something? Funny thing is I usually know where the product is located!
- The word quinoa is a regular part of my vocabulary now and surprisingly it has been added to the vocabulary of tons of people I know. I even know some 9th grade boys who know about quinoa. That excites me!
- I have forked over more money on healthy food than I ever thought my frugal brain would allow. In fact I am pretty willing to pay good money for something I think is healthy like my $5.50 Sunbutter or my $4.50 Sprouted Pretzels.
- I regularly find my own husband reading my blog. He even looked up my recipe for mustard vinaigrette so he could make it himself one day.
- I have had more fun than I could have ever imagined doing this!
My last point brings me to the reason for this post. It has been so fun and I feel the need to thank you for valuing the things I have to say enough to keep coming back for a visit. I love it when you share about a recipe you have tried or the steps you are taking to make a more healthy life for yourself or the color you are adding to your plate! It all excites me! So I wanted to give you the opportunity to win something fun as a way of thanking you for your continued support. Nothing major but just a few of my favorite snacks, gadgets, and foods.
So here is the loot..............
Your very own BPA free microwave popcorn popper. I am also hoping to add some organic popcorn to the loot. They didn't have it at the store today.
My very favorite lemon juicer. I use mine all the time.
This is the best sugar free chocolate bar! I usually don't like anise but it is subtle enough in this bar that I don't mind.
Of course you knew I would have to throw some quinoa in the mix. It would be wrong of me not to. I also use a ton of Bob's Red Mill products and I thought you should try some wheat berries in case you haven't yet.
These are just some fun little prep bowls I use often that I got at Target. I also like to serve my Just Bananas Ice Cream in these. They are the perfect size for that.
I love these cocoa roasted almonds. I like to keep a pack in my purse just in case.
Last night my husband said he would really love to open this bag of pretzels. I said go ahead. I will get another one tomorrow for the blog giveaway. He ate some and then my children promptly followed slightly arguing over the bag. The bag is now empty. I went back for more today and they were out. I promise to get a full bag before I send/deliver this to the winner. They are crazy good!
This is just a fun little milk frother. I picked one up at IKEA after reading about it on another blog. It does an incredible job for such a small thing. It is fun to have some frothed cream or milk in your coffee or tea occasionally. I will include the batteries.
And finally a BPA free cup with a straw to get you to drink more water. I have had a cup like this for quite some time and a couple months ago I got some for the kids. They drink a ton more water with these. Then Miles felt left out so I got him one this week and he loves it. In my defense the man usually has 4-5 Nalgene water bottles going somewhere so that is why he didn't get one sooner.
I might find something else fun to throw in there too when I go looking for the organic popcorn at our local health food store, Potpourri.
So this is how you can get your name in the drawing for the loot! I am trying to keep this fairly simple but still give you several chances to get your name in. For each thing you do I will add your name giving you 4 chances to get your name in the drawing.
#1 - Become a follower of my blog. Just click on "Join This Site" where you see all the other little faces. If you are already a member then you automatically have one entry. Hooray for you!
#2 - Leave a comment on this post telling me something you have learned, enjoyed or about a change you have made to your lifestyle. If you don't have a google identity just comment as anonymous but be sure to type your name in so I know who you are.
#3 - Share a link to my blog on your facebook or twitter account and tell me you did so in a comment here, on facebook, or email. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
#4 - Tell me about a recipe you have tried from the blog in a comment, on facebook, or through email and why you liked it.
#5 Invite me over for dinner. Just kidding. No bonus entry for inviting me to dinner!
Unfortunately because this will be a heavy box to ship I will not be shipping overseas or to Canada this time. I do still love all you lovely people reading from all over the world. Next time I will do something like a gift card that is easily shipped! You have until Monday night April 9th to enter for the giveaway. I will have my lovely assistants help me draw for the winner on Tuesday morning and announce it first thing. Please make sure I have your contact information so the rightful winner can be notified!
Again thank you for making this blogging experience a true Portion of Goodness in my life. You are appreciated!