Sunday, October 2, 2011

No Cook Weekend

I apologize for the lack of blogging these last few days for the few of you that have mentioned you look forward to this everyday! That's alot of pressure by the way! I have been home alone all weekend eating bon bons and being lazy in front of the TV, staying in my jammies, reading.........NOT! I have been painting the entire upstairs of our house pretty much and my house has looked like this....




And if you know me at all you know that this is driving me absolutely crazy! When I start a big project like this I always need it finished as soon as possible. By finished I mean everything done! That means new floor installed, all things hung on the wall and all new curtains, lamps, tables, and accessories purchased and in their place! I am trying to fight the urge to just buy okay things to get it done instead of waiting to find what I really love. 

So when I have a mess like this going on I like to eat quick meals that don't take me long to prepare! Plus my family was all gone this weekend so why should I bother to cook! So here are a few pictures of what I have been eating as I work basically.

Warm coconut milk quinoa with frozen blueberries, walnuts, agave, and cinnamon!

My friend Ka-Lee shared this recipe with me and it is VERY delicious this way. I usually like my quinoa cold but I was so excited to try it warm and I loved it. This is very easy to do! Instead of using all water to make your quinoa use 1 cup water and 1 cup light coconut milk with 1 cup rinsed quinoa! Top it with whatever you like or add a  little yogurt too. I think some pumpkin butter might be good in this.

A very quick salad with spinach, romaine, tomato and cucumber I already had cut up and topped with my favorite feta of course!

I also ate this leftover pineapple with that salad.


I may or may not have eaten some of my favorite pizza a few times. It was leftover and needed to be eaten up before it went bad you know! This is Papa Murphy's Mediterranean Delite pizza. If you haven't tried it you MUST do so! It is a great alternative to other more fatty pizzas.


This was my lunch yesterday that I really just shoveled in my mouth! My last Zestari apple from Whole Foods and Morning Star Griller's Original veggie burger with guacomole and tomato. That was awesome! For you skeptics, that flavor tastes exactly like a burger and I could feed it to you without you even knowing you ate a veggie burger but I also love the spicy black bean burger. Just try it! I dare you!

I also made some black bean brownies last night and the most awesome cashew butter with clementine to go with some oatmeal bread for small group tonight. I took NO pictures. I can't believe it. It was 10pm last night and I was also scrubbing my kitchen floor on my hands and knees to get rid of all the joint compound dust and paint I dripped all over. It is a recipe I have really been wanting to try and it is as good as the inventor claimed! You can click here for the recipe since I failed to get pictures. Cashew Clementine Butter

So even when you don't have anyone to cook for and you are extremely busy you can eat fairly healthy and quickly! I also might have shoved some hand fulls of nuts and quinoa rice crackers into my mouth at several times during the weekend!

I have made some progress however which helps with my sanity. My table is almost cleaned off and my shelves in the kitchen are back on the wall and they look like this................
I. love. them.

My alone time is quickly drawing to a close so I must get back to work! Church, then lunch, make my oatmeal bread, greet my family and then the feasting begins at small group tonight!



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Gasp! I can't believe that you showed a picture of your mess. I can't believe you had a mess! :) You probably wouldn't have posted it if you didn't have an "after" shot. I love your kitchen! So simple and cute.

Pam said...

You are right. I wouldn't have posted it without some evidence that I had cleaned up! I am taking baby steps I guess. I did not post however a picture of the other side of the kitchen and it's nasty 1977 cupboards. They need an "after" shot before I do I guess.

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!