Friday, February 1, 2013

Carmalized Onion Tartlets and Other Super Bowl Food

Looking for a few Super Bowl Food ideas??????

I made these for small group and the hubster said, "I wouldn't mind having those for some game day food." I received the hint and promised to make them for him.

They are fairly healthy and pretty easy.


Simple Instructions
1. Get some puff pastry dough from the frozen section of the grocery store.
2. Unroll square of pastry dough and use a circular cutter to make rounds.
3. Make them big enough to put one slice of a Roma tomato on them. (The instructions I followed said to use a 1 1/2 inch cutter and that was not big enough! Save yourself some time and just make them bigger.)
4. Put them in the fridge and caramelize 2 large yellow onions with 4 garlic cloves in a bit of olive oil for about 15 minutes. Slice your tomatoes while they cook.
5. Take pastry out of fridge and brush with egg wash.
6. Top with a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese, the caramelized onion, tomato round, fresh basil and feta or goat cheese.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

For more detailed instructions and a few more ingredients visit Mini Baker where I found this recipe.


As for what else I am making it may or may not include a few of the following:




Of course I will make the sweet potato fries to go with this dip.

Miles would love for me to make these again I am sure.

Chilled then sliced into pinwheels would be good for this wrap. Everyone likes to eat mini food like I always say.

Perhaps I should make it really easy and just pick up a bag of these. Everyone in our family really LOVES these large sprouted grain pretzels.

Pinned Image
It would be really easy to do something like this. Miles and I would love it but the kids probably not so much. (saw this on Pinterest)

Of course I won't forget the veggies! This helps me feel a bit better about some of the junk we tend to consume on a day like Super Bowl Sunday. Plus if I put the veggies in my mouth first I fill up quicker and can't consume as much of the other food.

Evan would love for me to make these again. Cheesecake is his favorite dessert.


I found this recipe on Pinterest and would love to try it!

homemade reeses eggs
These also look heavenly and were found on Pinterest.

If you would still like more ideas here is a link also found on that glorious site, Pinterest, that will lead you to a ton of GREAT and pretty healthy appetizer ideas.
Pinned Image


Enjoy the weekend everyone and the big game. All I really care about are the funny commercials and the fun food. Although all the inappropriate commercials frustrate me enough that the day is coming when I probably won't watch at all. I have a 12 year old boys mind, eyes, and ears to protect and I don't need any wardrobe malfunctions if you catch my drift!

I do love the fact that the two teams playing means two brothers will be coaching their teams to victory against each other. I don't envy their parents!

No comments: