Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats

I may have found a new oatmeal love and that is no easy task when I have such a thing for quinoa! It started when I found these at CashWise when I took my mother-in-law there on Saturday so she could stock up on a few items.

Organic Coconut Chips! SUPER CHEAP! And they only have one gram of sugar per serving. They are in the bulk section. If you don't live here check your local bulk section of the health food area or bug me enough to send you some.

Then we also decided to buy some of this after I saw my friend Melissa there with about 4 containers herself. In my mind I was thinking smoothies which I will probably still make but when I decided on overnight oats a light bulb appeared over my head!

Then I also remembered I had a couple containers of this left! I almost always eat Greek yogurt but when I am feeling like I need a little flavor I get some Fiber One. They have the least amount of calories and the least amount of sugar, which I believe is only 6 grams. That is really good when it comes to yogurt!

So into my jar went the oats, yogurt, coconut milk, and coconut chips as well as one packet of Stevia and some cinnamon that you can't see. I turned around and looked at Miles and said, "Would you like me to just double this for you too?" He said, "Um, Hmm, well, I really need to eat, um, OKAY, YES!" He was planning on eggs for the morning because we have been trying to be a bit more strict lately.

So I poured all the same ingredients in and mixed it all up. Then I added a few frozen blueberries, mixed it again gently, put the lid on, and stuck it in the fridge with a smile on my face! I like breakfast being taken care the night before!

I divided the mixture among two bowls, heated mine up for about 15 seconds to take the edge off the coldness, but not cook the yogurt, and then topped mine with sliced almonds, more frozen blueberries, and some agave!
The. best. breakfast.
Miles came along later and topped his bowl with the same I think and decided he was super glad he had me double the recipe instead of eating eggs!

Good to the very last drop! I wish I had picked up some more blueberry yogurt at the store today. Perhaps I can blend them into my Greek yogurt first and repeat this for tomorrow morning. I am now craving it!

This is a great recipe to try if you are wanting to get more of those healthy probiotics from the yogurt into you and if you have never tried any of the overnight oats recipes then start with this one! So many great flavors.

Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup Fiber One Blueberry yogurt
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup organic coconut chips
1 teaspoon/packet Stevia
1 tsp. cinnamon
frozen or fresh blueberries

Mix together all ingredients and place into the fridge overnight.
In the morning add: more fresh or frozen blueberries, almonds or nut of your choice, and a drizzle of agave nectar.



1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love overnight oats!!! So yummy and blueberries are my favorite addition!!!