Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Simply Simple

I have really forgotten how much I love simple cooking. Being very restrictive these last few days has caused me to remember how much easier it is to eat simply. I have used no recipes, eaten no carbs, sugar, or even fruit, and have spent very little time in the kitchen, yet we have eaten some delicious meals!

I guess that will equate to a very simple post!

Dinner last night.....

I sliced up some chicken sausage and peppers and onions and cooked them with a bit of garlic in some olive oil. I steamed some broccoli and corn, which was mainly for the sake of the kids. Corn doesn't really have that much nutritional value and I don't serve it often. I also needed to use up the last of my brown tomatoes so I sliced them and tossed some balsamic vinegar over them and topped with a bit of mozzarella. Lots of veggies and a very quick and healthy dinner!


Lunch today........NEW FANTASTIC DISCOVERY!

I had some leftover 8 layer Mediterranean Dip from Sunday's Super Bowl Feast. Instead of dressing I used this to top my simple salad of lettuce, spinach, tomato, and cucumber. We ate this salad yesterday for lunch as well. It is DEFINITELY my new favorite salad. I also added some soy nuts for crunch.

Dinner tonight.........

I baked some chicken I rubbed in one of my favorite spice blends and topped it with Parmesan cheese. I also cooked some black eyed peas and added tomato, green and red pepper, cucumber, and green onion to make it a salad. I made a simple dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic. It was delicious!

I wish I had some red onion instead of green for color and a bit stronger flavor.

I think I have posted before about Pepper Creek Farms bread dipping blends. They do make excellent dipping flavors but I love to use them in all kinds of foods from salads to meat like I did tonight. The Greek one is my favorite of course but this was super tonight especially with the Parmesan cheese on top of our chicken. You can order these online but oddly enough I usually find them at TJ Maxx or Home Good Stores. Check there if you are fortunate enough to live close before ordering.

Simple post indeed! It took me only 15 minutes, which just might be a record! Now it is possible I might be able to watch the Biggest Loser on the actual night it is on.

I will continue to eat this way for a few more days. It really isn't bothering me. I am not really feeling deprived. In fact I have been reminded like I said at the beginning that this is how I prefer to eat. I just forgot for a while. My body is thanking me! Although you all probably are not. Sorry to be so boring!

Now on to my snack for the evening. Sugar Free Jello.




No comments: