Monday, November 28, 2011

Workin' the Leftovers

My head cold has kept me out of the kitchen much of the weekend but so has the fact that I have a ton of leftovers to eat so I feel a little guilty making other food when I need to use up what we already have. We were a bit tired of the turkey yesterday so we went out to lunch after church, but tonight I decided I better reinvent some Thanksgiving fair and try to use it up.

I tossed some turkey in a pan with a little chicken broth and added some salt and pepper. I cooked it for a few minutes just to heat it up.

Then I added the leftover stuffing and a little bit of mozzarella and heated that up as well. I cooked it until the cheese was nice and melted and then put it in a 9x13 pan.

I cooked one medium onion in some olive oil until brown and smelling delicious!

I topped the stuffing and turkey mixture with the onions and a bit more mozzarella. I cooked it in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes to crisp up the stuffing and melt the cheese. The onions gave it a great flavor!

We like our cheese a little crispy and nice and golden.


I quickly cooked some broccoli and sliced up a couple oranges and dinner was served. There is now 2 more inches of room in my fridge. I think it might be turkey and rice soup tomorrow and then it will have to go to the freezer. That will be all I can take!
This was a great way to use up some of the dark meat however, which I don't usually care for. Hidden in this casserole I didn't mind it.

On to Christmas tree decorating!

No comments: